This window displays the currently selected image for the section of the mailing that you clicked on.
From this window you can perform the following functions:
- Select an image: Find the image you want to place in this section by changing to the appropriate folder in the Image Folder dropdown. This dropdown displays the current folder; selecting a different folder will change the view to that folder. Once you have located the image you wish to use, check the radio button next to that image. Also note that you can click on any image thumbnail to view a full-size version of the image.
- Add a link to your image: You can have your image link to a Web page by typing a URL in the "Link" input box. You can also remove an existing link on an image by deleting the URL from this field. You can optionally upload a new document to link to or link to an exiting document using the document manager.
- Assign a "Friendly Name": If you do choose to make the image link to a Web page, then you can optionally assign a "friendly name" that appears in reports such as the Mailing Summary in place of the raw URL of the hyperlink. The Friendly Name can also be used when creating a Segment based on response data. If no URL is specified in the "Link" box, then any specified Friendly Name value will be ignored. For more information, please refer to the Friendly Names in Hyperlinks section.
- Specify "Alternate Text": Alternate Text, which is often referred to as an "image ALT tag", is text that is commonly displayed by e-mail clients when images have been suppressed. Since images are suppressed by default in nearly many e-mail clients (for privacy and/or security purposes), Alternate Text can help recipients identify the content of your e-mail as legitimate, thereby increasing your response rate.
- Align your image: Select the alignment for your image by checking the radio button next to the desired alignment setting. Image alignment does not always work as expected (due to underlying HTML constraints), so make sure to preview your mailing when changing the default alignment setting.
- Scale to fit template: When this box is checked, which it is by default when adding a new image, your image will be automatically scaled to fit the corresponding template field, without exceeding either specified dimension and without changing the image's proportions. If the original image is 300 pixels wide by 200 pixels high (3:2 proportions), for example, and the template field is defined to be 150 pixels wide by 150 pixels high (square), then the automatically generated scaled image will be 150 pixels wide by 100 pixels high. Selecting this option generates a new image file, so the original version of the image (from your image library) will not be affected. Please note that the scaling process may cause GIF-format images to lose their original color palette, so the scaled version of GIF images should be scrutinized for any undesirable color conversions.
- Maximum Views per Member (Coupon Functionality, optional): In order to make an image a Limited View image, and thus controlling the maximum number of times each member can view the image, enter the maximum number of times you would like each member to view the image, between 1 and 99. If you wish to allow unlimited views of an image but expire the image on a particular date, leave Maximum Views blank and only set the Coupon Expiration.
- "Too Many Views" Image URL (Coupon Functionality, optional): Enter the URL of an image you would like to have appear in place of your limited view image when a member has exceeded the maximum number of views. Alternately you can upload a new image or select an existing image using the image manager. If you are using the Maximum Views functionality and have not specified a "Too Many Views" Image, a default image will be shown when a member has exceeded the maximum number of views.
- Coupon Expiration (Coupon Functionality, optional): If you are setting a Maximum View per Member on this image, you can optionally select an expiration date. Enter a fixed expiration date, such as 8/15/2009, or a rolling expiration date, such as 14 days after the message is sent to a member. 14 days can also be represented as "14d" and if a rolling expiration date is used, the image will be unavailable to a member 14 days after a message was sent to them. If Single Send messages are sent to a member after the original Mailing date, the rolling expiration will be based on the date of the Single Send Mailing.
- "Coupon Expired" Image URL(Coupon Functionality, optional): Enter the URL of an image you would like to have appear in place of your limited view image when the coupon has expired. Alternately you can upload a new image or select an existing image using the image manager. If you are using the Coupon Expired functionality and have not specified a "Coupon Expired" Image, a default image will be shown when a coupon has expired.
- Remove an image: If you wish to remove an image from the current section and have no image for that section click on the "Remove Image" link next to the delete icon.
Once you are satisfied with your changes, you can click the "Save" link to save your changes and close the window. If you want to exit the window without saving your changes, simply click the "Cancel" link. To make the image for the currently selected template section "dynamic" (Segment-specific), or to specify an image for the Online Version of your mailing, click the "Make Dynamic" link. For more information on creating dynamic content, please read the section title Adding Dynamic Content.