Device Statistics give you insight into what devices, browsers, and operating systems your members are using when they open or click your mailings. Device Statistics data is available for any Sent or Triggered mailings sent after October 5, 2012. In addition to viewing this data in the Device Statistics report, you can also leverage the Device Statistics data in Response Data Expressions in Segmentation.
The statistics represent the total number of opens and clicks for a specific member. For example, if firstname.lastname@example.org opens a mailing on her iPhone and then on her iPad, the Device Statistics will show two opens for email@example.com. If firstname.lastname@example.org clicks on two links in the mailing on her iPhone (for example, the Online Version link and the Update Profile link) and also clicks the same two links in the mailing on her iPad, the Device Statistics would report this as four clicks.
- Device Type: Select Device Type to view opens or clicks by mobile browser, email client, or browser. Opens or clicks by members using Internet Explorer, as an example, would appear as part of the "browser" category. Opens or clicks by members using iPhones, iPads, or Android smart phones would appear in the "Mobile Browser" category.
- Device Family: Select Device Family to see a more detailed breakdown of opens or clicks by specific mobile browsers, desktop browsers, and email clients. Opens or clicks by members using Internet Explorer would be part of the "IE" family.
- Device Name: Shows the most detailed breakdown, including specific versions of browsers or devices. Opens or clicks by members using Internet Explorer, as an example, would appear as multiple rows, one for each version of IE. (IE 7.0, IE 8.0 and IE 9.0 would appear as separate rows.) NOTE: Outlook 2003 uses the Internet Explorer engine to render HTML content, so opens and clicks in Outlook 2003 will be categorized as various versions of Internet Explorer.
- OS Family: OS Family shows which operating system families are being used when members open or click. Results might include iOS, Windows, Android, OS X, RIM, and Linux.
- OS Name: OS Name shows a more detailed breakdown of the operating systems being used when members open or click. Results might include iOS 6, iOS 5, Windows 7, Windows XP, Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich, and Android 2.3.x Gingerbread.