Export Members to File
You can export all or some of your Member data to a variety of file formats which you can download from your Enterprise Site. There are several options on the export screen:
- Data Source: Multiple Data Sources are available for exporting member data.
- Member profile: Export all member profile data, including MemberID, MemberGUID, and bounce counts.
- Member profile & subscriptions: Export all member profile data plus subscription data for each member. Each list in your Site will be represented as a column in the export file.
- Member profile & tags: Export all member profile data and tag data, including MemberID, MemberGUID, and bounce counts. Each tag in your Site will be represented as a column in the export file.
- Member profile, subscriptions & tags: Export all member profile data plus subscription data and tag data for each member. Each list in your Site will be represented as a column in the export file. Each tag in your Site will be represented as a column in the export file.
- Joined Data Sources: Depending on your Site configuration, you may have additional Joined Data Sources that you can select for export. Some Joined Data Sources are designed to be used only in specific contexts—such as within triggers—and are not exportable; these will appear in the Data Source dropdown but will not be selectable.
- Format: Choose to export your List as a CSV, XML, Excel, or Microsoft Access. Regardless of which format you choose, your file will be compressed as a zip archive to reduce download time.
- List: You can optionally choose to export only Members who are subscribed to a specific List. If your Enterprise Site has multiple Lists, such as "eClub List" and "Live Music Events," you may only wish to download those Members who are subscribed, for example, to the Live Music Events list. If you choose both a Segment and a List, your export will include only Members of the selected List who are also Members of the selected Segment. If you choose not to filter by List, then your export will contain all Members of your Site (or all Members who are in the Segment you select), including Members who are not subscribed to any List.
- Exclude permanently bounced members: If you select this option, your export will exclude members who otherwise meet your export criteria but who are permanently bounced (i.e., no longer mailable).
- Include Members/Exclude Members: You may also choose to include or exclude members by Segment. For example, if you have defined a Segment containing only those Members who live in Virginia, you can download a file containing only those Members by selecting that Segment from the pre-defined segments dropdown list, or you can combine predefined and ad hoc segment criteria as needed.
Once you click on the "Generate Export" button you will be prompted to save or open your export file. In most cases, you will want to click "Save" and browse to the appropriate directory on your computer. The export file will have a unique file name which distinguishes it from any other exports you have generated, but you can rename the file to whatever you'd like when you save it to your computer.