Linking to Your Member Subscribe Page
From Enterprise Help
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Linking to the Member Subscribe Page from your website
- To determine the appropriate domain name of your Enterprise Site from within Enterprise, navigate to the Profile Fields page and click on the "Preview your Member Subscribe page" hyperlink. The address bar in your browser window will contain the domain name. Your subscribe page (for new subscribers) and profile update page (for existing Members) are located at the following URLs:
- Subscribe Page: http://yourcompany.fbmta.com/members/?action=subscribe
- Optionally, you can specify http://yourcompany.fbmta.com which will be automatically redirected to the full subscribe page URL.
- Profile Update Page: http://yourcompany.fbmta.com/members/
- If you're using Themes, you'll need to additionally include the name or ID of the Theme:
- Optionally, you can specify http://NameOrID.yourcompany.fbmta.com which will be automatically redirected to the full subscribe page URL for the theme name specified.
- Profile Update Page: http://yourcompany.fbmta.com/members/?_Theme=NameOrID
- In the above examples you should replace yourcompany.fbmta.com with your actual Site-specific domain name (as provided to you by Fishbowl), and NameOrID with the name or ID of the desired Theme (if you're using Themes).
- Profile Update links that are located on your website will require your Members to log in with their e-mail address and password in order to access the Member Subscribe Page. Unless you require your Members to create a password when they initially subscribe (not recommended in most situations, as most potential subscribers will be reluctant to provide a password), you should not include a Profile Update link on your website.
Linking to the Member Subscribe Page from an e-mail message
- By placing predefined links in your e-mail messages, you can have Enterprise automatically generate links to your Member Pages. Predefined links to the Profile Update page do not require your Members to log in with username and password because the links contain member-specific authentication data.
"Pre-filling" data on the Member Subscribe Page
- When creating a link to your Member Pages, it is sometimes desirable to pass additional Member data that Enterprise can use to pre-populate input controls. This additional data can be passed as encoded name/value pairs in the query portion of the Member Page URL. For instance, the Subscribe Page URL listed above can be modified as follows:
- In this example (which assumes the existence of profile fields named "FirstName", "LastName", and "Source"), Enterprise will pre-fill the FirstName and LastName controls on the Subscribe Page, and will assign a value to a hidden profile field named Source when the page is submitted.
- Any of the profile fields visible on your Member Pages can be pre-populated in this manner; values can also be assigned to hidden profile fields (those for which "Display Public" is set to "No"). Text-type profile fields (Text, TextArea, DropDown, US_Zip_Code, and US_Phone_Number), can be assigned any value, but all except TextArea fields are limited to 100 characters. Integer-type profile fields can be assigned only an integer value. Date-type profile fields (US_Date, International_Date, and COPPA_Compliancy) can be assigned date values in a wide variety of formats; International_Date fields will be interpreted as dd/mm/yyyy, whereas US_Date and COPPA_Compliancy will be interpreted as mm/dd/yyyy. Checkbox-type profile fields can be assigned values of either "true" or "false" (case-insensitive).
Assigning and unassigning Tags
- By including the names or ID values of Tags in the query portion of your Member Page URL, you can assign and/or unassign Tags from new and existing Members. Tag ID values, which can be copied from the rightmost column on the Manage Tags screen, are generally a better option than Tag Names for this purpose, because names can be changed whereas ID values cannot. "_TagsToAssign" and "_TagsToUnassign" are the names of the parameters to include; for instance:
- As in the example above, multiple Tag ID or Name values can be assigned or unassigned, by separating the values with commas. If you specify an ID or Name that doesn't match an existing Tag, no error will occur: the Tag value will simply be ignored. So be careful when deleting and renaming Tags.
<input name="ctl00$PageContent$MemberProfileControl$TagsToAssign" type="hidden"
id="ctl00_PageContent_MemberProfileControl_TagsToAssign" class="TagsToAssign" /><input
id="ctl00_PageContent_MemberProfileControl_TagsToUnassign" class="TagsToUnassign" /><input
id="ctl00_PageContent_MemberProfileControl_ExistingTags" class="ExistingTags" />
- For existing Members—in other words, on the Profile Update Page but not the Subscribe Page—Enterprise will automatically populate the "ExistingTags" field with the ID values of the Member's current Tags. The "TagsToAssign" and "TagsToUnassign" fields will initially be blank, unless you've pre-populated them by including the "_TagsToAssign" and "_TagsToUnassign" parameters in the URL. As with the URL paramaters, multiple ID or Name values can be separated by commas, and non-existing values will simply be ignored.