Opt-in (New Member) Notification
Whenever new Members add themselves to your Site by filling out and submitting your Member Subscribe Page, Enterprise can optionally send those Members an immediate notification/welcome message. This notification message occurs regardless of whether the new Member chose to subscribe to any Lists. Existing Members who update their profile do not receive the Opt-In Notification message, but instead receive an optional Profile Update Notification message.
The Opt-In Notification Settings page provides the following options:
- Disable Opt-In Notification: Best practices dictate that new Members always receive some sort of notification/welcome message. If you're using a system other than Enterprise to generate such a message, however, or if you're using Triggered Messaging to generate Opt-In messages on a daily basis rather than in real-time, then it may be necessary to disable the Opt-In Notification message by choosing this option.
- Choose an Existing Triggered Mailing: You can use this option to indicate that an existing triggered mailing be sent to new Members. When a triggered mailing is used as the Opt-In Notification, Enterprise will send notification messages to new Members regardless of whether they are subscribed to the List specified for the mailing, and regardless of whether they meet the mailing's segmentation criteria.
- Configure a Text-Only Message: This option, which is the default, allows you to define the content of a text-only Opt-In Notification message that will be sent to new Members. In addition to defining the content of the message, you must also provide a From Name, a From Address, a Reply-To Address, and a Subject (for more information on these parameters, refer to the section on creating a mailing). The following settings are required:
- Opt-in From Name: The "Friendly From" or "Display Name" from which the opt-in message will be sent.
- Opt-in From Address: The "username" portion of the e-mail address from which the opt-in message will be sent.
- Opt-in Reply-To: The e-mail address to which any Member replies to the opt-in message will be sent. This should be a working e-mail address which is checked on a regular basis by someone within your organization.
- Opt-in Subject: The subject line of the opt-in message (e.g. "Thank you for joining Main Street Grill's eclub!").
- Opt-in Body: The body of the e-mail message which will be sent. The body of the message should contain only plain text: HTML is supported only for the "Choose Existing Triggered Mailing" option (see above).
Mail merge fields, predefined links, and dynamic content can be used in the body of text-only notification messages and in the content of triggered mailing that are used for notification purposes. In addition, there are two special codes designed specifically for use in the content of Opt-In Notification and Profile Update Notification messages (although they can be used in other contexts as well):
- Subscribed Lists: This code will insert a list (one per line) of mailing lists to which the user in subscribed. Hidden lists (those not marked "Display on Member Subscribe Page" on the Edit List screen) will not be included. The tag for generating this URL is "##_SubscribedLists_##". Here is a sample usage in a text-only Opt-In Body:
You are currently subscribed to the following mailing lists: ##_SubscribedLists_##
- Unsubscribed Lists: This code will insert a list (one per line) of mailing lists to which the user in NOT subscribed. Hidden lists (those not marked "Display on Member Subscribe Page" on the Edit List screen) will not be included. The tag for generating this URL is "##_UnsubscribedLists_##". Here is a sample usage in a text-only Opt-In Body:
You are not currently subscribed to any of the following mailing lists: ##_UnsubscribedLists_##