A Client can access a User’s Account with the Resource Server using a Client ID, Client Secret, Access Token, and Refresh Token. The following steps will show you how to create an API User, generate the Client ID, Client Secret, andAuthorization Token; and then, use that information to retrieve an Access Token and Refresh Token.
- The Resource Owner or “User” is the Fishbowl customer who is giving access to their account.
- The Client is the application that is attempting to get access to the User Account.
- The Resource Server is the Fishbowl API Server used to access the User Account.
Creating an API User
- To create an API User you will first need to log into Enterprise as a Site Administrator; then navigate to the Administrators page found under Settings.
- Then click Add New Administrator at the top of the page.
- Fill out the Username, Password, and Email Address fields with the desired credentials. Then check the box located under API User and click Save.
Note: If you are the Site Administratorfor multiple Enterprise Sites you will need to use the Add Site Dropdown to select the site(s) the user will to access need access to and then check the API User box for each.